1. Medscape: 4,000+ evidence-based articles authored by leading physician experts (supported with images and videos), 600+ step-by-step procedure videos, 100+ tables & protocols, 129 medical formulas, scales, and classifications, over 600 drug monographs with integrated dosing calculators.
2. MicroMedex: With a database of more than 4500 drugs, monographs and OTC brands this app surely is a must-have on your iPad.
3. Calculate by QxMD: This app has more than 150 unique calculators and decision support tools for Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Surgery, Obstetrics, Nephrology, Hematology, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Gastroenterology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Respirology and few others.
4. AHRQ ePSS: The Electronic Preventive Services Selector (ePSS) is an application designed and developed by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) to assist primary care clinicians identify the screening, counseling, and preventive medication services that are appropriate for their patients.
Make sure to check out Top 10 free iPhone medical apps
5. Radiology 2.0: One Night in the ED: Radiology 2.0 uses stacks of CT images to actually teach the reader how to approach and interpret CT scans.
7. MedPage Today: An application which will provide you with breaking medical discoveries and CME/CE credits with daily coverage of over 30 specialties and annual coverage of over 60 meetings and symposia.
8. UpToDate: With this app has you can have access to UpToDate’s® current, synthesized clinical information including evidence-based recommendations all optimized for your iPad.
9. Mobile MIM: Medical software developer Mobile MIM has created an FDA-approved radiology imaging application that empowers doctors to store diagnostic-quality X-rays in the cloud. Now doctors can zoom to highlight certain areas of a scan.
10. Lexicomp: This app has a comprehensive resource for mobile drug and clinical information.If you would like to submit a guest post and be heard on the leading medical blog read our sumbission policy.