- Isolate the patient in side room.
- All medical personnel must wash their hands with antiseptic gel after attending the patient.
- The linen in use by the patient should not be used by other patients.
- Send anaerobic cultures of the patient as well.
- Eradication therapy to be given according to the culture sensitivity report for 14 to 28 days.
- Repeat the culture report after completing the eradication therapy.
1st choice à Vancomycin
2nd choice à According to C /S
- Amikacin etc.
Cite this article as: Burhan Ahmed, MD, "Management Protocol Of MRSA Positive Patients," in Medicalopedia, March 27, 2011, [Permalink: https://www.medicalopedia.org/1135/management-protocol-of-mrsa-positive-patients/].