There’s been a flurry of “Top Five Free Medical Apps” lists gracing the homepages of a number of health blogs and publications.
According to us, the following are the top 5 medical applications and are a must-have on your iOS devices.
- Medscape: Medscape from WebMD is the most comprehensive medical app available for healthcare professionals.
- Micromedex Drug Information: Contains more than 4500+ drugs, their trade names, dosing & other related information.
- Eponyms (for students): A comprehensive list of 1’700 common and obscure medical eponyms.
- Calculate by QxMD: Contains more than 150 unique calculators and decision support tools.
- Grays Anatomy Student Edition: The renowned anatomy textbook, a must have for first year med students.
Cite this article as: Burhan Ahmed, MD, "Top 5 Free Medical Apps," in Medicalopedia, November 21, 2011, [Permalink: https://www.medicalopedia.org/2249/top-5-free-medical-apps/].