1. Medscape: 4,000+ evidence-based articles authored by leading physician experts (supported with images and videos), 600+ step-by-step procedure videos, 100+ tables & protocols, 129 medical formulas, scales, and classifications, over 600 drug monographs with integrated dosing calculators.
2. MicroMedex: With a database of more than 4500 drugs, monographs and OTC brands this app surely is a must-have on your iPad.
Make sure to check out Top 10 free iPhone medical apps
3. Calculate by QxMD: This app has more than 150 unique calculators and decision support tools for Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Surgery, Obstetrics, Nephrology, Hematology, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Gastroenterology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Respirology and few others.
4. AHRQ ePSS: The Electronic Preventive Services Selector (ePSS) is an application designed and developed by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) to assist primary care clinicians identify the screening, counseling, and preventive medication services that are appropriate for their patients.
5. Radiology 2.0: One Night in the ED: Radiology 2.0 uses stacks of CT images to actually teach the reader how to approach and interpret CT scans.