National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) has announced its first iPhone APP called The MATCH℠ Program Rating and Interview Scheduling Manager, or PRISM℠, which permits Main Residency Match applicants to track and organize residency programs during the interview process and gather their own ratings for the programs that can be used later to generate their rank order list for submission in The Match.
“PRISM is the latest addition to the NRMP’s new suite of forward-looking information technology offerings, and we are delighted that it will be available in time for applicants participating in the 2014 Main Residency Match that opened for registration on September 15,” said NRMP Executive Director Mona M. Signer while talking on launch.
The app includes
- the Main Residency Match schedule with dates and description
- a comprehensive directory of all residency programs participating in The Match, including program contact information, NRMP and Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education® (ACGME®) program codes, and website links
- a program rating system using the twenty factors that respondents to NRMP’s Applicant Survey designated as most important in program selection
- a calendar that syncs to your iPhone, iPad or iPod and allows applicants to track whether they have applied to a program and scheduled or completed an interview
- a “notes” function for entering personal notes about each program
The App is free and available for download from Apple. An Android version is scheduled for release in late 2013, and the App will be expanded next year to include all NRMP Fellowship Matches.