Some of the important dates for the restructured Step 3 Exam are as follows:
- Applications for the current Step 3 examination will not be accepted after 5:00 p.m.(U.S. Central Time) on July 18, 2014.
- Applications for the restructured Step 3 examination will be accepted starting on August 4, 2014.
- No Step 3 examinations will be administered during most or all of October 2014.
- Administration of the restructured Step 3 exam will begin on November 3, 2014.
- There will be a score delay following introduction of the restructured Step 3 examination on November 3, 2014. The duration of the score delay will be determined by examinee volume during the early months of exam administration. Based on historic trends, the USMLE Program estimates that scores for Step 3 exams taken on or after November 3, 2014 will be released in April 2015.