No matter what type of lifestyle you lead, your body takes a beating on the regular basis. From sore and achy muscles to fatigue and stress, there is often a lot to deal with during the course of a day. While eating a well balanced diet, exercising, and keeping your scheduled doctor’s appointments are crucial to your overall well-being, there are other measures you can take to help replenish the body and improve your health. One method for promoting wellness is through self massages.
Not everyone can afford to visit the massage therapist on the weekly basis, but what many people fail to realize is that there are things you can do on your own to receive the same benefits you would if you were at the spa. Self-massages can be beneficial in many ways. Below are just a few to provide further understanding:
- Rejuvenate the Mind and Body – the mind and body are often interconnected when it comes to health. Just as untreated mental illnesses can lead to severe physical complications, serious medical conditions can lead to a diminished mental state of being. However, by completing various self massage techniques for ten minutes a day, you can rejuvenate both your mind and body. Deep rubs and strokes can ease physical pain, while soothing strokes and concentrated breathing can ease the mind.
- Detoxifying the Body – A buildup of toxins in the body can easily translate into serious illnesses and disease. However, by giving yourself a routine massage, you are helping your body to release the toxins. As you massage your body, you’re flushing out toxins through the skin, which just happens to be the body’s largest organ.
- Provides Peace and Relaxation – After a long stressful day, giving yourself a quick massage can really loosen you up. It can provide a source of peace and tranquility allowing you to feel more refreshed. Massages have been linked to relieving stress, anxiety, and even depression as well.
- Improves Blood Circulation – part of staying healthy means having good blood circulation. As the red blood cells are responsible for transporting oxygen to your vital organs, your body is able to function properly on the daily basis. A gentle massage can get blood flowing throughout your body properly which is ideal for individuals who have issues with circulation.
Creating Your Own Massage Room
Now you get the basic understanding of how significant a self massage can be to your overall health. Rather than breaking the bank by visiting a local spa on the weekly basis, you can create your own massage room at home to call your own. Below are a few suggestions on how to complete this:
- Equipment – If you want a room like the pros, then you’ll need to invest a little money into certain types of equipment. You’ll still need to choose from the many tables and chairs on the market these days. You can find equipment online for a reasonable cost.
- Ambiance – You’ll want to set the mood if you’re going to really get into the whole massage therapy vibe. There are several things you can invest in to create an ambiance. Some of those things might include: light dimmers, instrumental music, candles (preferably aroma therapy scents), and even a few water feature gadgets like a desk top fountain.
- Essential Oils – There are certain oils that can be used to enhance the experience of a massage. If you can’t afford to purchase them, there are also great ways that you can make some essential oils on your own.
Again, for the best health possible you require a combination of things including a good diet, regular exercise, and regular visits to medical professionals. However, if you’re looking for holistic ways to improve your health, boost your energy, and relieve regular aches and pains, giving yourself a gentle massage for about ten minutes every day can really work wonders.