The food you eat today could increase or decrease your human growth hormone levels tomorrow. The saying “you are what you eat” has never been more relevant than when talking about hormone production. These 10 foods that increase human growth hormone not only help raise HGH levels but many of them will impact testosterone production, as well.
Just think, something that you eat right before bedtime can improve sleep and increase energy. It can help you lose weight, remember facts more clearly, and even strengthen your bones. By knowing which foods to increase human growth hormone that you should eat, and when, you can change the way you look and feel.
Of course, you do not have to eat all 10 foods on our list below in the same day. However, the more of them that you can incorporate into your daily diet, the better the chance of avoiding HGH therapy to treat growth hormone deficiency.
Here is our list of the top 10 foods that increase human growth hormone naturally:
- Goji Berries – filled with 18 amino acids, 22 minerals, fatty acids, vitamins, and Sesquiterpenoids (phytonutrient), goji berries top the list of HGH stimulators.
- Pineapple – enjoy at bedtime to boost melatonin and serotonin release that will help you sleep. Pineapple is a digestion aid that also increases fat burning which occurs with the help of HGH while you sleep. A bonus is that pineapple also boosts testosterone production at night.
- Fava Beans – these tiny beans sit high on the HGH boosting list because they are packed with L-Dopa. Along with increasing testosterone and dopamine levels, fava beans also contain zinc, vitamin B6, magnesium, potassium, and other minerals.
- Coconut Oil – with many health benefits, its ability to spike a surge of HGH within a 30 – 90-minute period after consumption makes it a go-to booster.
- Yogurt – unpasteurized, organic yogurt contains L-glutamine to boost HGH levels.
- Eggs – organic, free-range eggs are loaded with vitamins and growth factors that boost HGH and testosterone levels.
- Grassfed Beef – considered a superfood, grassfed beef contains bio-active amino acids, carnitine, and Co-Q10 to help stimulate a significant HGH boost.
- Raw Chocolate – loaded with more tryptophan than turkey, raw chocolate (not milk or white types) increases dopamine. You will sleep better and see a massive boost in both HGH and testosterone levels from raw cacao.
- Nuts – high in L-arginine, nuts not only help increase HGH but also improve fat-burning for weight loss.
- Watermelon – this fruit contains L-citrulline, an amino acid that the body converts to arginine to increase HGH secretion.
Why Does Food Have an Impact on Human Growth Hormone?
These foods that increase human growth hormone work in many ways. More than half your daily allotment of HGH secretion occurs while you are in a state of deep, slow-wave sleep. If you get less than seven hours a night, you will wind up with a shortage of human growth hormone. Any food that can help you sleep better is vital for hormone production. Getting eight hours of sleep is crucial for optimum HGH secretion. Pineapple is a top contender for HGH honors as it helps you fall asleep by increasing serotonin and melatonin production.
Other foods that naturally increase human growth hormone can have an impact during the day. Coconut oil can raise HGH levels for up to 4 hours. Consuming this in the morning and late afternoon can keep HGH production amped throughout the day.
Any food containing L-glutamine and L-arginine will be a hormonal powerhouse. Goji berries and grassfed beef take the honors here.
Of the top 10 foods that increase human growth hormone, consuming organic, unpasteurized plain yogurt after dinner boosts HGH levels into the evening. Other beneficial foods that did not make the top 10 list include:
- Raisins – L-arginine
- Raspberries – melatonin
- Parmesan cheese – growth-inducing peptides
- Raw fish – omega-3 fatty acids
- Gelatin – L-glutamine
- Algae – spirulina and chlorella
- Beets – boost nitric oxide and testosterone
- Lemons – helps balance PH levels with alkaline to increase HGH
Will Eating Certain Foods Reverse Human Growth Hormone Deficiency?
Once you have human growth hormone deficiency, you may feel as though you are fighting an uphill battle. Using food for increasing human growth hormone works best before you have a deficiency. That does not mean it will not help once you already have symptoms of decline. It will just take much longer for you to notice a significant difference.