Losing weight does not have to be boring and painful. Yes, you heard it right! Losing weight can be fun and less stressful for joints with aquatic exercises, also known as pool exercises or water therapy. Swimming pool exercises can be extremely beneficial for people who are literally struggling to lose weight. Undoubtedly,this form of physical activity is fun and creative, and it is said to have a therapeutic effect. Experts suggest that swimming pool workouts burn more calories in a shorter period of time. Pool exercises for fast fat burning are said to be one of the most effective ways of losing weight.
Benefits of Pool Exercises for Weight Loss
- Pool exercises are easier to perform for people with mobility and flexibility issues, like people suffering from obesity.
- Since the buoyancy of water provides support to our body, the pressure on joints reduces while performing the exercises and the movements in water get easy.
- It is healing for people suffering from arthritis and fibromyalgia.
- It enables faster recovery from joint and bone injuries.
- Pool exercises for weight loss burn calories faster.
- Natural resistance from the water makes these exercises challenging and results in toning and strengthening of the muscles.
- It is a great stress reliever.
- It is fun and creative.
- It improves heart health and improves the respiratory system.
- Boosts immunity and improves sleeping patterns.
- It improves balance and endurance.
- Also, it reduces soreness of muscles.
Effective Pool Exercises for Weight Loss
- Aqua Walk: If you like walking on land, you will love this workout. It is one of the most effective and easy exercises It is as simple as walking on land,except the speed slows down by one third. The great news is that the water provides resistance which makes the muscles work harder. You must be in at least waist-high water. You can even perform these exercises as a warm-up for 15 minutes.
- Water Jogging: take your water cardiovascular exercises to next level by speeding up in the water. Start with walking in waist-high water and increase the speed for intense jogging at a comfortable place. Experts say that several obese people have used water exercises to lose weight faster.
Make water jogging more intense and challenging by performing sprints. Jog for at least 2 minutes and slow it down for 30 seconds to the speed of walking. Practice this exercise for15 minutes for best results.
- Deep-water walking cardio workout: For anybody who is looking to lose weight, this is an impactful workout routine. Once you have aced aqua walking in waist-high water, go for deep water walking.
For those who don’t know how to swim, use water noodle or a floatation vest, to keep yourself safe and stay above the water. Start by walking in deeper water and move your arms back and forth. You can increase the resistance and make the workout more challenging by putting on hand webs.
- Cycling: Cycling onland is a great cardio workout, but when performed in water, this pool exercise for weight loss targets more than a few areas. Cycling in a swimming pool has wider benefits as it targets the shoulders and core too.
Find yourself a comfortable corner, put your arms on pool ledge and begin to peddle your legs from slow to high intensity. Perform it for at least 10 minutes.
- Aqua Jumping Jacks: This is much like the jumping jacks on land, however, water creates resistance and greater impact on the legs. Pushing through the water,jump as you would on the land and bring them back to center without touching the ground. Once you are comfortable doing this, move your arms as you would typically do while performing jumping jacks. Repeat 10 times for 3 sets each.
- Water Jump Squats: Whether you are on land or a pool, squats is quite an effective workout routine. When you perform it in water, it becomes more effective and fun. It is great for toning of quads and glutes.
Start with your legs shoulder-width apart and go in a position like you are sitting on a low chair. Make sure your legs are in 90-degrees angle and suddenly take a leap in the water. It is recommended to perform this exercise only when you feel comfortable in the water.
- Pool Edge Pushups: Pool edge pushups are a great pool exercise for weight loss and muscle strengthening. Find a comfortable place at the pool edge and place your hands firmly on it at shoulder-width apart. Keep your chest at least 2 cm away from the edge. Gradually push your weight to the hands and arms and push your body out of the water. Keep breathing as you do that. Try and perform at least 12 reps.
- Crunches: Yet another effective workout for weight loss aspirants. Perform this at the shallow end of the water. Place your legs on the pool edge. Make sure you have a towel or pool mat for a better grip. Balance your body on the back, keep your head above the water and hips at 90-degree angle. Begin the routine and perform at least 15 crunches.
The above-mentioned routines are one of the most effective pool exercises for weight loss. Besides, you can even perform pool lunges, isometric planks, bicep curl with pool weights, flutter kicks, sit ups,pull ups and so much more. Meanwhile, it is important to make sure that if you are a beginner, you perform these exercises under the supervision of an expert.Additionally, keep in mind to keep yourself hydrated and wear appropriate shoes and costume.