A healthcare professional focused in manually manipulating, adjusting, or treating the spine or other neuromuscular disorders after a diagnosis is called a chiropractor. A chiropractor uses therapies, ergonomics, and exercises to reduce or heal back and joint pains.
If you’re living in Tucson and are suffering from any neuromuscular pains, there are a lot of chiropractors that can help with your treatment. When you choose a chiropractor, you can have the following advantages:
1. Get Rid of Pains
When you choose a chiropractor in Tucson, you can visit their website, such as OrangeGroveChiropractic.com, and book an appointment where you can have the chance to get rid of your lower back pains without using any medication or surgery. These musculoskeletal (MSK) pains may be caused by unknown or known underlying causes such as slips, falls, car accidents, or trauma.
These are the following pains that chiropractors can help treat:
- Neck pain
- Lower back pain
- Joint Pain
- Muscle Tension
- Sciatica or pains caused by pressured or damaged sciatic nerve from your legs to your lower back
For chronic pain sufferers, chiropractors can help do the following:
- Alleviate chronic and acute symptoms without using painkillers.
- Recommend programs or therapy that is suitable for your pain. Through these programs, you can self-manage the pain you’re experiencing.
- Guide you on the proper exercises to decrease the pain you feel while restoring your body part’s function.
2. Treat the Source
Many medications only alleviate the symptoms, but chiropractors can help diagnose and heal the source of pain. Since identifying the cause of suffering is difficult, chiropractors can locate the source of pain. As chiropractors are trained to detect MSK illnesses, they can identify the underlying causes such as inflammatory arthritis, osteoarthritis (joint inflammation or pain), or spinal stenosis (nerve compression when the spinal canal narrows).
As a result of their assessment, they can give you the proper treatment such as the following:
- Exercises for your core muscles supporting your spine
- Lifestyle counseling
- Therapies such as ultrasound, traction, spinal mobilization or manipulation to decrease your pain
- Personalized treatment plan
- Referral to other physicians that may help in treating other illnesses caused by your chronic condition such as mood disorders, depression, or insomnia
3. Improve Blood Circulation
Poor blood circulation is often caused by spinal subluxations. When your spine has physical deformities, expect that it will impede the flow of blood to your legs, feet, toes, hands, arms, and areas or extremities farthest from your heart.
With chiropractors, they can help your blood flow even without doing aerobic exercises. When you let chiropractors adjust your spine, you’re more likely to stabilize your blood pressure and increase blood circulation. Since spinal adjustment removes pressure, it results in a smooth blood flow.
Other treatments that chiropractors use that can result in increasing your circulation is ultrasound, massage therapy, and heat therapy. The high-frequency sound waves from the ultrasound add nutrients and oxygen to the painful area, decreasing swelling. Thus, you can have good circulation in your entire body.
4. Improve Athletic Performance
One of the most significant advantages of seeking chiropractors is the chance to improve your physical performance, especially if you’re an athlete. But even when you’re not an athlete, improving your physical well-being is vital to living a full life.
Here are ways that chiropractors can help in improving your performance as a gym junkie, exercise enthusiast, or an athlete:
- Keep your body operating at its peak. Since chiropractors recommend the proper treatment for your pain, your joints’ position and alignment will be kept so they can perform well. When you’re jumping or running, your body can take the impact since your joints are properly aligned, resulting in increased mobility.
- Lets your body recover quickly. Your body needs to recover after being physically exhausted. With the help of chiropractors, you can have a fast recovery. Through soft tissue mobilization, your cellular level will change, easing soreness that can lead to speedier body recovery.
- Ease pains without drugs involved. Chiropractors can alleviate your pain through acupuncture, releasing trigger points through soft tissue manipulation, and nerve pressure easement.
When you aim to treat your body pains through ergonomic methods or without the use of medications or drugs, chiropractors can help you. They are well-trained to treat spine or muscular ailments as an alternative to painkillers. In Tucson, you can find a lot of chiropractors offering various treatment plans or therapies that can be suitable for your pain. All you have to do is find the best one for you.