If everyone had their way, food would complete the nutritional needs that our body requires. Sadly, that isn’t the case causing many of us to turn to dietary supplements to fortify our meals. A multitude of factors results in inadequate nutrition from merely consuming food, including toxins in the environment, modern practices of agriculture, depletion within the soil, pesticides, and so much more.
A strong argument in favor of the need for supplementation is the typical diet of Americans. They have transformed from what was nutrient-dense into that of empty calories. Staples for many people are items such as chips, candy, and especially soda, causing significant deficiencies of key elements for the body systems. Nutritional aides, as reviewed by sites like Supplement Smarts, are beneficial and necessary in improving health.
Reasons Supplements Are Key To Better Health
Supplementing the foods that you consume with essential vitamins and minerals is necessary as most people don’t engage in healthy diet regimens. Most involve themselves in hectic work schedules and have busy family lives with little time to invest in preparing meals that offer nutritional value. For that reason and other factors, dietary aides are a vital component in maintaining our well-being.
- The claim is that SAD or the Standard American diet comprises a variety of prepackaged foods that are processed, dairy, and grains, or grabbing fast foods on the go, which are all low in essential nutrients. The claim is grain-fed meats are lower in many micronutrients as well as antioxidants compared to grass-fed counterparts. Dairy and grain products note to be inflammatory and hard for many people to digest.
- Foods raised traditionally receive treatment via herbicides and pesticides, which exposes people to ailments such as heart disease, cancers, and many other types of disorders. The suggestion is if these toxins are harmful to insects, they are also detrimental to people. The claim is that chemicals disrupt the composition of the various nutritious elements within the foods that we eat. Organic food is ideally the better option for consumption with supplements to fortify. Learn facts regarding dietary supplements at https://www.webmd.com/features/truth-behind-top-10-dietary-supplements
- Not only are chemicals used for treating foods as the crops raise, but there are toxins in the everyday environment, including the cleaning products that you use in your home. The exposure to these items regularly places the liver and the body as a whole into detox mode during which it quickly uses our nutrient components to maintain the appropriate processes for functionality. The claim is that the antioxidants and vitamin B will deplete fast, and these are key to our nutrition.
- Seniors and women during pregnancy pose a higher risk for nutrients becoming deficient. In pregnancy, a woman needs more nutrients than what they require in energy. Seniors are less able to digest, use, or absorb these elements. Those who are medically compromised are at risk for poor absorption of the components. It is also true of people who tend to workout regularly using a majority of the stored fuel reserve within the body. In order to produce more energy within the body, nutritious elements, including B vitamins, are tapped into as they function as coenzymes in an attempt to make and use more energy.
- Everyone knows that stress has adverse effects on almost every system within the body, particularly that of the digestive component. In a stressed state, you develop a flight-or-fight response making the digestive system come to a standstill. The claim is that stress has the potential to be physiological as in ailments, mental/emotional, or environmental as in chemicals. Stress on a chronic level has the potential to deplete energy levels and nutrients such as B vitamins quickly.
- Those who indulge in alcoholic beverages should understand that this substance construes as a toxin that the body puts as a priority over any nutrient to make sure it is digested and goes first through the GI tract. Alcohol produces a diuretic effect that can excrete vital nutrient elements over a period, including B vitamins and digestive enzymes, which are essential for nutrition.
- Certain prescribed medications may interact with specific nutrients where the drug interferes with its absorption and the uptake. In this instance, the medicine will cause the compound not to be available for use within the body, presenting a deficiency and a need for supplementation. Follow for advice as to whether these aides are helpful or hype.
Scientific evidence promotes the idea that supplements assist with overall health and aid with managing specific ailments. In particular, omega 3 boasts the potential to help in heart disease with probiotics having the potential to assist with stomach issues. Using these as assistants will ensure that you receive an adequate amount of vital micronutrients in the appropriate form for use within your body.
One particularly recommended is a science-based multivitamin that touts to provide all the critical micronutrients in the proper ratio. The notion is a multivitamin has the potential to ensure your body has the capability, once the vitamins, bioflavonoids, and minerals are activated, to absorb and use them correctly. Seniors, especially, but everyone should look for multivitamin capsules that digest easily to assist in getting all the nutrient use as possible. And it is suggested to find a non-synthetic variety with no toxic fillers.
The only way for you to accurately know what your system is lacking is to go through blood testing with your primary physician. As is standard, you shouldn’t begin any substance until you see your healthcare provider so you know precisely what you should be taking and how you should take it. After an advanced blood draw, the doctor can let you know which precise supplements will be beneficial to your overall health and well-being. And the provider can also place you on an appropriate diet plan with an exercise program specific to you and your needs. A medical practitioner can monitor you throughout to see how you progress and alter the supplements as your nutritional values change.