As a person tries to eat healthier foods and eliminate calories and unhealthy foods, it is time to consider adding antioxidants to the diet. Eating healthy means eating a well-balanced diet with all the needed nutrients for building muscles, and nourishing all parts of the body. Antioxidants are important to add to a healthy diet because they help delay or prevent cell damage from harmful free radicals found in the environment and in some foods.
Olive Oil as an Antioxidant
One easy way to add antioxidants into the diet is to take olive oil with C60 or cook with olive oil. Extra virgin olive oil is the perfect carrier for C60 which is a very powerful antioxidant. People using this product get double benefits because C60 has health benefits and olive oil also has health benefits.
C60 can reduce inflammation, promote energy and mental focus, promote virility, longevity, and well being. It also helps a person have a better functioning immune system. It also promotes a healthy liver.
Extra virgin olive oil is known to be rich in monounsaturated fats and helps prevent strokes, heart disease, and can reduce type II diabetes risk. Olive oil has good anti-inflammatory properties and helps with rheumatoid arthritis. Olive oil also helps a person reduce their cholesterol levels.
In addition to using the combination of olive oil and C60 as a food supplement, using extra virgin olive oil in the cooking form adds more benefits. Olive oil is a healthier cooking oil than lard, butter, or vegetable oil.
When a person buys this healthy combination of olive oil and C60 in a good quality product, they can take one or more teaspoons a day in the morning along with water, then eat within the hour for the best benefits.
5 Important Antioxidants to Add To The Diet
In addition to olive oil and C60, there are other foods rich in antioxidants to include in the diet. Because of the value of these nutrients to the human body, it is important to make the effort to ingest them. Antioxidants help protect the body from free radicals, oxidizing agents and inhibit oxidation. Foods rich in antioxidants include:
1. Foods containing vitamin E which is a fat-soluble antioxidant compound that stops the making of ROS or reactive oxygen species that are formed as fat oxidizes. It limits free radical production and may help delay or prevent chronic diseases associated with them. Vitamin E rich foods include nuts and seeds such as almonds, hazelnuts, sunflowers, peanuts, and wheat germ and their oils. Other foods include spinach, broccoli, kiwifruit, mango, tomato, soybean oil, and corn oil.
2. Vitamin A is a fat-soluble retinoid that supports our immune functions, eyesight, kidney health, reproduction functions, heart health, lung health, and cell growth and communication. The two kinds of Vitamin A include preformed found in poultry, meat, fish, and dairy foods and Pro-vitamin A that is found in fruits, vegetables such as carrots, apricots, and grapefruit, and beta carotene. Carotenoids are one of the best sources of vitamin A. It is important to look at government guidelines for the right amount of Vitamin A to take.
3. Resveratrol is an antioxidant made by some plants. It is classified as a polyphonic bioflavonoid and is made by plants as they are injured or attacked by bacteria or fungi. The resulting compound can fight off stressors such as radiation and infections in the body. Resveratrol might delay signs of aging and decrease one’s risk of heart problems. The foods and drinks that contain resveratrol include red wine, raw cocoa, blueberries, blueberries, lingonberries, red grapes, and mulberries.
4. Lycopene is a carotenoid pigment, a bright red carotene, and a phytochemical found in red fruits and vegetables such as tomatoes, watermelon, apricots, red cabbage, carrots, guava, grapefruit, papaya, and mangos. Eating 5 servings of these brightly colored fruits and vegetables per day promotes eye health, fights cancer, improves brain health, relieves bone stress, keeps the heart healthy, lessons neuropathic pain, and more.
5. Vitamin C is a valuable antioxidant that helps maintain the immune system and fortifies bones, cartilage, and muscles. It also speeds healing and makes the skin texture look better. It is found in citrus fruits including oranges, lemons, pomelo, tangerines, and grapes.
More Antioxidants With health Benefits
Two more antioxidants that should be in a healthy diet include curcumin found in turmeric spice and anthocyanins found in many berries. Curcumin is a bioactive substance and antioxidant that helps prevent heart diseases, helps reduce depression and anxiety, and relieves joint pain from arthritis and osteoporosis. It also helps diabetics manage blood sugar levels.
Anthocyanins are powerful antioxidants that help decrease fat accumulation in the veins, arteries, and capillaries of the heart. It helps prevent heart attacks and atherosclerosis. It is found in strawberries, cherries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries.
It is clear that a diet rich in colorful fruits and vegetables, nuts, and whole grains as well as dairy foods, meat, poultry, and fish will provide a person with valuable antioxidants and other nutrients to keep them healthy. Using the right food supplements including C60 infused extra virgin olive oil in addition to antioxidant-rich foods can have even more health benefits.
Eating a healthy diet rich in nutrients and antioxidants is much less expensive than paying a lot of medical bills for the treatment of health problems that could be prevented. To be even healthier, get plenty of exercise and sleep, reduce stress, and quit smoking. Replace junk foods, chips, and candy with fruits and nuts for snacks. Consider replacing sugary or artificially sweetened drinks with healthier choices like water. Limit alcohol consumption for even better health.
It may not be exciting, but drinking up to 8 glasses of water per day is another healthy living choice that keeps us hydrated, lubricates joints, forms saliva, delivers oxygen throughout the body, regulates body temperature, makes skin healthier, flushes body waste, helps the digestive system, and prevents kidney damage. Drinking water helps with weight loss and makes nutrients and minerals more accessible to the body.