The digitalization of the medical sector is giving more opportunities for all medical institutions, including dentistry, cosmetic, and medical centers. Easy interaction and better relationships with clients, optimization of doctors’ work, provision of control, and improvement of service are just a small part of what the introduction of a mobile application for medicine gives. Medical apps are a profitable investment that will help you stand out from the competition.
The different types of mobile apps in the field of medicine can solve a number of problems:
- Improvement of efficiency. The patient has some basic information on hand and can answer a number of questions himself. A doctor knows all the needed information about the patient. The number of patients is increasing due to fast and quality service.
- Increasing customer loyalty. If your application for a hospital or clinic has detailed information about doctors, procedures, and services, then the credit of trust grows. Put yourself in the place of your customer. What would you like to check online? Perhaps, the possibility to arrange the appointment with the doctor online, view test results, or find out in advance the cost of a certain service. All these additions will also increase customer loyalty.
- Saving time. Of course, it’s much more convenient for a doctor to access the patient’s medical history online, instead of having lots of papers, without knowing where exactly to find the needed information about previous tests of diseases. The mobile application for a clinic should include a database of patients with their medical history, then any doctor can view this data, make a new entry, and optimize the time.
- Increasing patient awareness. With the application you can make mailings to the emails or phones of your patients, telling the latest news, promotions, and giving other useful information. Sometimes this method helps to turn one-time clients into returning ones.
A mobile app application for healthcare services must comply with several important criteria: simple and intuitive interface, functionality, updates and synchronization of data, and, of course, the safety of personal information.
If you decide to start creating a medical mobile app, you need to follow these stages:
- Analytics. Collect all necessary information about the market, your competitors, functionality and capabilities of competitive applications, and create your own product idea based on the received information. Don’t forget to define the target audience, what their needs are and how you can help them in getting a certain treatment. The more detailed analytics you integrate, the less strategic problems you face later.
- Design. The main task of the designer is to develop a mobile application in the medical segment that is clear, simple, and attractive. It is important not to overdo it with the design, otherwise, it will affect the speed of the application. Neither patients nor doctors usually have time to wait for a response from the system for a long time, especially when it comes to urgent requests. Use calm shades that are pleasant to the eye.
- The development of the application. This takes a certain amount of time, which depends on the operating system under which the application is being written. It all depends on your budget and needs.
- Healthcare app marketing. Once the mobile application is ready, you need to allocate a dedicated budget to its promotion. When you launch your product to the market, most likely, it will not get enough exposure to attract users downloads organically. You will need to create a comprehensive mobile app marketing plan beforehand to know what should be done before and after the product’s release. Think about running digital ads, App Store Optimization campaign, getting recommendations and video reviews from industry experts, etc.