Addiction is the most dangerous disease, one that makes you too selfish to even care about your health and well-being. Drug/alcohol abuse can take away all your life’s treasure, be it material possessions or emotional ones. When you are in the phase of addiction, you get tricked into believing that it is the only solution to all your worries, and you no longer have control over your brain’s steering wheel.
The stairway to recovery can be tough-climbing. Fortunately, there exist numerous rehab/treatment facilities across the United States whose mission is to help you achieve that goal. All you need to do is take the first step; find and get in touch with the best drug rehab.
There are more than 14,500 rehab facilities in America. It can be a tiresome task to choose the right one from such a vast pool of options. Do not exhaust yourself, for we are here to guide you.
Let’s Get Started – Set Goals
The journey to healing from drug/alcohol abuse will test your patience and determination. However, it does not matter how tiny your steps are long as you do not give up. No matter how challenging your journey might seem to be, an excellent start can make all the difference.
First, you need to set some goals for yourself based on the substance/behavior you want to recover from and other medical conditions you might be facing. Decide upon the length of your treatment considering all such factors. You may even set short-term and long-term goals for yourself. It is always a good idea to consult a doctor to determine the gravity of your situation.
Choose The Right Treatment For Yourself
Discuss with a treatment expert and pick the best course for you. There are majorly two kinds of treatments offered by most rehab facilities:
1. Inpatient Rehab
As the name suggests, inpatient/residential rehab centers offer treatments to patients who reside at the rehab facility 24 hours a day.
2. Outpatient Rehab
Outpatient facilities, on the other hand, allow patients to stay at home. They can undergo recovery treatment during the day and visit the facility twice or thrice a week.
Before signing up for a course, it is crucial to determine what form of treatment would suit you the best. There are two sides of both types. The sole decision to make a choice should be yours in the end. Carry out in-depth research before jumping to conclusions. Inpatient treatment is usually opted by those suffering from severe addictions/drug abuse. However, this kind of rehab is proven to be the most effective in the long run. Let us learn more about inpatient rehab facilities.
An Insight Into Inpatient Treatment
Before you commence your journey to finding the best drug rehab, know what all to expect from an inpatient rehab facility:
1. Every inpatient will have their accommodation. Most of such facilities offer basic amenities and activities like a cafeteria, pool, table tennis, family counseling sessions, and much more. On the other hand, the expensive ones will offer luxurious service and facilities. Choose what suits you and your pocket the best.
2. Almost every inpatient rehab facility carries out the treatment in phases. The initial phase includes detox sessions. Because of vulnerability and high level of addiction to drugs, the patient may experience some difficulties. An acute withdrawal syndrome can at times be harmful. Therefore, it is essential to trust a reputed and certified rehab facility operated by experienced treatment professionals.
3. After successful completion of the detox session comes the phase of recovery. In this phase, the attention is on the root causes of over-consumption of the substance. This session involves an amalgamation of various activities and therapies like counseling programs, peer support groups, etc. For efficient results, you can get this session customized according to your suitability.
Now that you have absorbed a decent portion of knowledge about inpatient treatment. It is time to look for an excellent inpatient rehab center.
How To Pick The Right Inpatient Rehab Facility
If you do not raise queries, you are not going to get your answers. There are many inpatient rehab centers out there, and that can make it hard for you to settle on one choice. Nevertheless, you must strive to find the best for yourself. Here are some questions to help you find the most significant inpatient rehab facility:
1. Are the treatment professionals experienced enough?
It is imperative to ensure that the center has experienced and expert professionals treating your addiction. Each disorder requires a unique course of treatment. It is safe to be one step ahead by ensuring the center’s familiarity with your kind of addiction.
2. Is the facility credible and licensed?
Trust builds on credibility. Carry out your research well in advance about the facility’s credentials. We bet you don’t want to squander away your precious dollars for nothing.
3. What kinds of therapy the facility offers?
Inpatient rehab centers offer plentiful therapies and sessions as a part of the treatment. You might prefer specific therapies as per your suitability. Find out all the options and choose the center that provides them.
4. What are the payment settlement options?
Learn about the facility’s fee structure. If you are insured, be sure that the facility accepts your insurance. If it does not, ask them about other kinds of financial relief/scholarships they offer.
5. Do they provide an aftercare plan-of-action for patients?
The treatment doesn’t end with your inpatient contract. Most rehab centers provide an aftercare guide for their recovered patients so that they can maintain their recovery in the long run. Look for facilities that offer such plans.
‘If you can desist for a day, you can desist for a lifespan’ – Benjamin Alire Saenz.
Let the dust settle and allow silence to take over because that is when the truth bomb explodes. And when you learn your lesson, let that realization sink in. Your body is strong enough to give up on those addictions. It is your mind that needs the talking. It was always your head.