Nobody is perfect. We all have something in us that we don’t like. That goes for body hair as well. Who wants to spend hours on shaving, waxing, or removing that unwanted hair? None. It’s such a hassle. In fact, people across the USA face the same issue. So, no matter where you are from, New York or California, hair removing process is a daunting task.
But there is a solution to all such woes. Yes, we are talking about laser hair removal. If you aren’t sure about this procedure, keep reading, and you’ll find out more!
How Does Laser Hair Removal Works?
For those who don’t know about hair growth, let’s begin with the basics. You have hair follicles that lie just under the skin responsible for producing new hair strands. So, laser therapy uses high-heat laser beams in a mild form to damage those hair follicles. Since you are destroying the hair follicles, you are temporarily disabling the production of hairs.
This therapy works for many regions like the chest, neck, bikini line, face, and back. This works best with darker hair colors that are present on lighter skin tones. This is because laser hair removal targets melanin, and the lightning of the hair might reduce the appearance of hair on your skin.
A few hairs even shed after your first treatment session. Overall, it’s a relatively quick process if you are looking for hair removal. For instance, smaller areas like the upper lip only take a few minutes. However, larger areas like the chest don’t take more than an hour or a bit longer.
How to get started?
For starters, you need a dermatologist. For instance, if you are a resident of New York, find the best laser hair removal new york to get the best results. The dermatologist will ideally apply a pain-relieving gel first. And then will get going with the procedure.
But why should you opt for one in the first place?
- Like we mentioned before, it takes a short period to get rid of that unwanted hair. You will have to come to multiple sessions but only for a few minutes. The lesser the area, the less time you’ll need in the session.
- It is a relatively less painful method. Many people even say that it feels like snapping a rubber band over your skin. So, depending on your pain threshold, it will still be easier to endure.
- The process is quite precise. Thus, making the entire process quite ideal for people looking for some target areas or some specific hairs.
- Except for the eyelashes, you can practically remove hair from any part of your body. Ideally, it is good for the back or bikini line.
- It prevents any ingrown hairs, which are usually an issue with shaving and waxing. In other words, you wouldn’t have to think about any pesky hairs again.
- Although you might need a few touch-ups, it’s usually a permanent reduction of hair growth easily manageable over time.
Since it’s practically a long-term solution, the entire process is comparatively cost-effective. Keep in mind the treatment works in different ways on people with different skin tones.